Portland Winter Light Festival
The Portland Winter Light Festival, is a premier winter outdoor celebration that illuminates Portland’s waterfront through contemporary light-based art installations, engaging performance, and fun activities for all ages. In its first year, the festival drew more than 30,000 people over four nights in February. The event generates opportunities for artists, designers, creatives, makers and performers to collectively expand art, performance and technology innovations in our region
As Communications Director for the 2016 Portland Winter Light Festival I was responsible a cohesive message across all media channels.
- Developed festival media strategy, responsible for all press materials and social media content.
- Grew Facebook page by 420%, Twitter by 557%, Instagram 171% all before the start of festival
- Served as official festival spokesman, with interviews on TV, radio, and in print
- Secured multiple live TV segments and print media coverage
- 36 minutes of TV airtime covering all four local stations
- More than eight feature stories in print or online (including Alaska Airlines in-flight magazine)
- 96% of visitors surveyed indicated they planned to return next year
- Visitors came from as far as California, Seattle, Wisconsin and Canada specifically for festival
- Member of executive committee for long-term mission/vision planning